Testimonial and succes story from our past intern Ian @ Xana Beach Club

In general, what have you learned during your internship? 
I learnt a lot about handling guest satisfaction and dealing with all the pre-opening and opening problems that are always existing in a new operation - I learnt a lot about handling staffing issues and about the local staff and how your culture plays a big role in the service delivery.

Has the internship provided you with the training you expected?
Absolutely. I was given a lot of responsibility in my work place and got given the tools and support from colleagues and management to be able to run operations in a good manner.

What is your favorite memory of the internship or living in Thailand? 
It would be impossible for me to pick a single memory as there are just too many moments which I will always carry with me. In general though, I would say just the moments that I spent with my team both inside of and outside of work were just incredible. And spending that time together outside of work really brings you together as a team as well when you are at the workplace.

How did you like Internships Thailand services? 
Internships Thailand helped me a lot in the process leading up to the internship as well as throughout the time that I was there. I saw Jorge frequently and always knew that he was around whenever I needed anything. I will happily recommend the services of Internships Thailand to anyone who is looking for a fantastic experience but don’t really know how to get in to it.

Success story for your new job:

What happened right after your internship finished?
After my internship finished I went back to Switzerland to finish my Bachelor degree at Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne.

Did you get a great opportunity from the host company after you finished your internship?
I was offered to come back and work for Angsana Laguna Phuket and Xana Beach Club more specifically. I am now back in Thailand and working at Xana Beach Club as Beach Club Manager.

What are typical tasks at the beach club?
Me and my co-managers run the day-to-day operations and ensure that the staffing is right, that the guests are happy and that operations run smoothly. We also help in the organization of events to some extent and we supervise the stock taking and ordering processes for our staff to ensure that we always have inventory on hand

How long have you been working here?
I have been working for Xana Beach Club since the 1st of October 2013.

Is there anything you would like to add or tell our current and future interns?
I can only strongly recommend for people that they go far away and experience new cultures and new countries for their internships. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Thailand (although Phuket is a great place to be) but rather just somewhere where you get the chance to truly experience something new and grow as a person. And once you have found that place and that job, make sure that you give it 110%, because if you work hard and perform well, who knows, maybe there is a job waiting for you at the end of the internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment