Interview with Intern of the month - September

      
Our Intern of the Month - September 2013



What's your name and where do you come from?
Hi, my name is Todd Wagner. I’m from the United States and the Los Angeles area.

Where are you doing your internship and for how long?
After weighing my options, I chose to intern with Maikhao Dream Hotels & Resorts. As a boutique hospitality group, the company operates two respective properties, but I reside and operate out of Phuket. In total, I am working in Phuket for 3 months (warning: it goes by fast!)

What area (field) are you doing your internship in?
As a management trainee with Maikhao Dream, I have a very diverse job – I need to apply knowledge from all aspects of the hospitality, tourism, and marketing industries. I work within the sales & marketing branch, but I regularly assist our business development, public relations, food & beverage, and reception departments.

Why did you choose Thailand / Phuket to do your internship?
My priority was to find an internship where I could expand upon my knowledge of business & resort management. I am an adventurous guy and had never traveled to Asia, and I wanted to truly immerse myself in a foreign culture such as Thailand. Phuket and Internships Thailand gave me the experience I was looking for and a job to help further my career in hospitality!

What do you like most about Phuket / Thailand?
Phuket did not disappoint! I came to Thailand because of its stunning beaches, the amazing food, and the rainforest. But what I did not expect was to encounter such a welcoming, intricate culture. The culture is hard to describe, but one that I surely will never forget!

What is your most favorite place in Phuket and why?
My favorite place has to be Laem Sing Beach – it’s a golden colored beach that requires a 5 minute walk through the jungle. In other words, it’s naturally beautiful and not too crowded!

What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Explore! Go scuba diving, go bamboo rafting, go to the night market in Phuket Town, or go relax at a beach club. There’s always a new to experience out there.

Please tell us in general about your internship experience and what you have learned so far?
While I expected to learn about hospitality and the intricacies of running a resort, the journey in itself is what I’ll cherish the most. As an intern in a foreign country, adjusting to new beliefs and practices is an everyday assignment. But it’s exciting nonetheless; Internships Thailand helped me learn not only about international tourism but how to become a mature, practiced businessman.

No comments:

Post a Comment