Testimonial of our past intern Courtney @ Maikhao Dream Villa & Spa




In general, what have you learned during your internship?

My internship took place in the front office of two different resorts, Maikhao Dream Villa & Spa and Maikhao Dream Resort, Natai. 
In a practical sense, I learned about the everyday operations of a hotel. 
I now know about preparing the accommodation, checking in, checking out and the quality and high standard of service guests expect. 
I also learned so many more things about the Thai culture that I would have never been able to experience otherwise. Making lifelong memories and friends was also a nice bonus. 

Has the internship provided you with the training you expected?

I think I came into the experience expecting the internship to be similar to a standard internship in America. I expected to be busy all of the time with a lot more work. I did appreciate the opportunity to interact with guests, which helps my communication skills. I also enjoyed sitting in on a profit and loss meeting and found that I am more interested in the business side of the hospitality industry.

What is your favorite memory of the internship or living in Thailand?

Working at the resort and living with all of your coworkers makes it easy to make friends. My favorite memory of Thailand was being able to visit the hometown of one of my friends, located in the Phang Nga region. 

We went with about 9 of us to his home where his mother prepared some delicious authentic Thai food. 

We were served fresh picked mangosteen and I also was able to try durian for the first time. We ended up swimming in a beautiful river all day. I will always be appreciative that his family opened their home up to all of us.
How do you like Internships Thailand services?

I was very impressed with the Internships Thailand services. Judith provides prompt responses and is welcome to any questions. The service is very personalized and convenient.


Is there anything you would like to tell our current and future interns?

I would love to tell current and future interns that this is an opportunity of a lifetime. You will learn not only about a job or career you are interested in, but you will learn so much about yourself in the process. This is a great experience to live and work in a completely different culture.

1 comment: