Testimonial of our past intern Aurelia @ Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa

In general, what have you learned during your internship?

I worked in three different departments: Sales & Marketing, Front Office, Food & Beverage, and the result is that even after only one month, my learning outcomes are quite diversified.
In Sales & Marketing they have enabled me to get an overview of what they do in this department, notably I assisted with the Inspections.

In Front Office I have learned the whole functioning of a Reception Desk and some other managing skills as well.

The Food & Beverage was from far the department where I have learned the most and the one as well I have enjoyed the most. I had the chance to be given responsibilities and to participate in official meetings. I had such a lovely time there, I really did enjoy this part of my internship!

I have also learned so much from the other staff members and from my Thai friends. For example I have learned some management tips for my future career and a lot on Thai culture! Furthermore I have discovered myself.


Has the internship provided you with the training you expected? 


When I arrived to Thailand I did not really know what to expect from the internship as it was my first one and I was not familiar at all with my chosen departments. In overall I am satisfied with my training, however I feel like I could have learned even more.

In effect, the Sales & Marketing department did not really know how to train interns. I did not get the opportunity to have any of the responsibilities written on my Internship Confirmation Form, which was quite frustrating to me. 
Most of the knowledge I got there was by reading official documents or books (at my own initiative) and by spending time with Ms. Yulia from Public Relations.
Also, it was very unfortunate I did not get the opportunity to meet the Sales & Marketing Director due to a broken leg, but things happen!

In Front Office, after having clearly explained to the manager I wanted to learn more than checking in and checking out, she would reply to all my questions and would even let me have a look to the power point she prepared for the official finance meeting.

Food & Beverage is such a huge and developed department but I do believe that grace at Mr. Jorge De la Torre Koch and his managers, I was able to get good knowledge of the whole Department! I just cannot wait to be working in F&B again!

What is your favorite memory of the internship or living in Thailand?

So many things that I do not even know which one to choose from! But to do short:

I think my favorite memory of the internship is to see how the Direction, their Teams and all the Staff are soldered all together. There is this family atmosphere I have never ever met before! It really did comfort me in the idea that I love the Hospitality Sector.

On another hand, my favorite memory of living in Thailand was when we went to my friend’s house to spend a day out and we met ALL his family. Thai people are so nice and their hospitality is amazing! This is one of the reasons why I fell in love with this country!


(Photo: Staff Party @ Maikhao Dream, Aurelia, Jorge, Courtney)


How did you like Internships Thailand services?

Their services were perfect. Excellent communication with Mrs. Judith when I applied for the internship, and same during all the process. They were very quick and efficient.
The only think I recommend is to have the PowerPoint on Thailand Culture by Skype, before arriving in the country. It would be nice to meet the other interns of the surroundings hotels - when possible of course - as it would be good for the loneliness of some interns (if applicable of course). In my case I was very lucky to be with 2 nice other interns in the same hotel!

I want to say I was very lucky to work in the same hotel as the
Co-Founder and Managing Director of Internships Thailand Mr. Jorge De la Torre Koch who always was present during my internship. He provided me with precious advises and priceless information that I will always keep in mind. I thank him warmly as I now know what I really want to do professionally speaking and how to get there.


Is there anything you would like to add or tell our current and future interns?

A few of my advises would be:
  • If you are not used to travel or to be an expatriate, always do the maximum of researches on the country, the culture, the location of the hotel etc. So that you know where you are going and what to expect, in order to avoid any disappointments or misunderstandings.
(Note: it is only an advice, please note that it was not my case, I did not have any bad surprises there!
  • If you want to have a wonderful and memorable experience in this beautiful country that is Thailand, then do not hesitate, use Internship 
    Thailand‘s services! 

No comments:

Post a Comment